Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday gratefulness

I normally don't just take pictures of people that appear to be disadvantaged, or homeless. I think it is easy to just see that person as simply that instead of seeing the whole person. But since this is my grateful project I somehow felt differently about taking this image. I was watching this man struggle to make his way in his wheelchair from a distance. Struggling, because the sidewalks were not entirely wheelchair accessible due to upheavals in the concrete. One portion of the sidewalk was so inaccessible he had to cross the street to keep making progress forward. I was unable to help him as I was too far away. Even if I could have helped I realized that what appear to people who have use of their legs as mere bumps in the road were barriers to this man.
I am grateful for my strong, healthy, body and will do what I can to take care of it.


1 comments:

Yamo July 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

Nice Mary - I think this link works now! What a great idea for a blog.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is my visual journal. enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP